Square canopy removable
On behalf of an estate enterprise in the middle of Holland we
made two different preliminary designs of a demountable square
From a client we recieved the following inquiry
"On our territory we have a square where we'd like to organise
meetings and events, even when the weather is less favourable.
Therefore we'd like to have a demountable canopy.
Can we arrange a visit at the site to discuss possibilities to
build a structure and the costs of such structure. It would be
great finally to have a choice between:
- a large one (covering the square completely);
- a small one (covering about one third of the square).
Most important is that the existing trees on the square have to
remain and be integrated in the design."
Based on this inquiry we visited the site and a design
assignment was agreed.
Client: "Estate enterprise in the middle of
Assignment: A preliminary design of a
demountable canopy for a local square
- Fixed connection points to the substructure
- Existing trees have to be integrated in the design
- Local techniciens have to be able to erect the structure
- A design of two options: a "large" and a "small" one
Below you find an impression of the route to the final
Function and inspiration