ETFE foil for protection of FC Twente stadium
A unique application of transparent ETFE foil as protection against rain, falling objects and liquids.
Buitink Technology installed an EFTE foil in the FC Twente stadium to protect visitors from falling objects and liquids. The ETFE foil screens are tensioned inside a stainless steels framework.
Material: ETFE foil
ETFE (Teflon) foil is chosen for this application as:.
- It's very transparent (95 % transparency)
- The material is light weight (about 350 g/m 2), so it is easily added to an existing structure.
- The material is extremely durable (no aging observed after 25 years of service)
- ETFE foil is fire retardant (class 1 of BS 6065).
- The material allows production in custom made complex shapes
Year of implementation 2011.
Buitink Technology manufactures and develops innovative products to make life easier for you. We have extensive experience in inventing advanced artefacts such as ETFE foil solutions. You can visit our ETFE air cushion roofs overview to get the right impression. But if you need personal advice about ETFE foil solutions or questions about a particular project, please call us: +31 (0) 316-250830 or send us an email: [email protected]. You can also leave your contact information and we will call you.