History Buitink Technology
Buitink Technology started in 1949. In the period after world
war 2 many goods were transported through horse wagons. In this
period there was an increasing demand for horse saddles. Based on
this demand Mr. H. B. Buitink , founder of Buitink, started a
saddlery in 1949 in Klarenbeek in Holland.
Soon besides saddles he produced also canvas, which was
initially primarily used in the paper industry. Gradually the
product portfolio was extended towards production of canvas, tents
and canopies. Buitink also started maintenance activities. Horse
wagons were replaced by trucks so the production moved towards
canvas for trucks.
Till 1998 Buitink Technology was located in Apeldoorn. However
the activities increased and more space was needed. Buitink moved
to a new facility in Duiven. In 2007 was a management buy-out as
the owner did not have a successor in the family. In 2009 Buitink
Technology moved to a new facility again (location: Typograaf 1 in
Duiven) where it it still is established. Nowadays 60-70% of the
turn over of Buitink Technology is realized abroad.
"Our waste materials and by-products are recycled by Texyloop"